DE20DF / DE28DF / DE35DF
Further reducing the environmental impact of our engines we introduce our DF engine lineup: dual-fuel engines that switch seamlessly between gas and liquid fuel and, unlike a conventional diesel engine, can cut NOx by up to 80% during gas mode operation. This series brings together tried and tested technologies from our accredited diesel and gas lines into one economic solution.
- Complies with IMO NOx Tier3 exhaust emission regulations (in gas mode)
- Low-fuel consumption realized with lean combustion technology and optimum valve timing(variable valve timing-mechanism)
- Improved redundancies with the independent pilot fuel injection system, and peace of mind thanks to the Independent Safety System (ISS) fail-safe control
- Four-stage loading possible in gas mode (load response improvement)
*In the case of using DE28DF
- Supports various fuels (Oil:HFO/MDO/MGO, Gas:LNG)
Safety Features of the Engine's Gas Piping Area
- Double-walled gas piping system
- Ventilation function of first wall piping lines, and installed gas leak detection
- Instantaneous switching to diesel mode in the event of gas slip (failure of gas supply system), with injection of inert gas into the gas fuel pipe
|Maximum output||kWm||890||1,730 / 2,300||3,060 / 4,080|
|No. of cylinders||6||6 / 8||6 / 8|
|Diesel Oil||MGO, MDO, HFO|
|Gas Fuel||LNG (Methane number of 65 or higher)|
|Piston Overhaul Height（*4）||mm||3,245||3,365||3,920|
|Generator Set Dry Mass（*5）||ton||16||36||98|
*1 Varies depending on the generator.
*2 The maximum width of the common baseplate mounting surface.
*3 The height of the exhaust port from the common baseplate mounting surface.
*4 The height from the common baseplate mounting surface.
*5 Varies depending on the generator.
DF Engine Structure